Beatrix Fakó has worked as a partner and lawyer for SCWP Schindhelm Budapest since 2008. She has been a lawyer since 2007. Before gaining her licence to practise as a lawyer, she worked at the law firm Kálmán, Szilasi, Sárközy in Budapest between 2003 and 2006.
Beatrix Fakó completed her law degree at Péter Pázmány Catholic University, Budapest. In addition, she also completed a law degree at the University of Vienna as well as a LL.M course at University College London (UCL) in the specialist fields of European Unfair Competition Law, comparative trademark law and IT law.
Beatrix Fakó advises domestic and foreign companies on contract law, primarily in the areas of construction and sales. She also regularly advises on issues of labour law and topics of insolvency. Beatrix Fakó has comprehensive experience in industrial property rights and IT law; in addition, she is also specialised particularly in trademark law and data protection. She also advises on issues of unfair competition.
Beatrix Fakó has published several articles on data protection topics.
Provision of legal advice to the European Commission
- Advising of a leading Austrian construction company on a major M&A transaction in Hungary
- Advising of a market-leading British IT company in a company transfer and mass lay-offs in Hungary
Legal analysis on the permit procedure of asphalt plants in Hungary
- Advising of a corporate group on the formulation of construction agreements for the state-financed construction projects with regard to the M6 motorway and the Megyeri bridge
- Advising of a leading supplier for biogas systems in the setting up of several biogas systems in Hungary, Romania and Croatia
- Advising of a leading medical technology company during its market entry on issues of unfair competition law, labour law, data protection and advertising
- Advising of a major foreign food chain in the areas of trademark and food labelling